Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Ten Minute Video About Toronto's '70s Punk Scene

I seem to be spending my Saturday afternoon digging around into some of the history of Toronto's music scenes — a YouTube rabbit hole that has led me to a bunch of punk in particular. And so I thought I'd quickly share this little excerpt from a documentary about punk from 1976-79. These ten minutes are the bit about what was happening in Toronto during that time, when some of New York's biggest bands (like, say, The Ramones) were coming up north to play their first gigs outside the Big Apple in a scene filled with kickass local bands like The Viletones, Diodes, and Teenage Head.

(Ooh and it looks like there's a new movie about the history of punks in these parts from 1976-78 that just wrapped up filming after six and half years. You can learn more about The Last Pogo Jumps Again here.)

4 comments:

  1. classical music types like the one I liked to hear about that genre and the punk group I first got to know about three years ago and collected them as tonos de llamada gratis for my phone is more classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard this song 2 years ago. Now I am using it as my sonnerie telephone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very good and useful article for everyone and everyone can download the ringtone at klingeltöne mp3 it's completely free and high quality

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you were living under a rock in the 1970s, you know that punk rock was all the rage. Toronto was no exception, and its punk scene was prospered. If you're curious to learn more about it, check out this ten minute video which takes a look at some of the key players in Toronto's punk scene during that decade. You'll see footage of bands like The Viletones and The Diodes performing live, as well as interviews with those involved in the scene. It's an interesting look back at a time when punk was shaking up the music scene. Enjoy! Download tunes of punk rock at the free ringtone site: https://tonurideapelgratuite.com/

    ReplyDelete